Careers > Hairstylist
Thank you so much for your interest growing your career as a hairstylist at The Colour Bar! If you are interested in applying please read the information below and complete our online application.
We often get told that by applicants that were nervous applying to The Colour Bar because they don’t think they are qualified. Our response is this:
We don’t necessarily hire the most skilled or experienced stylist because we provide great in-house training for stylists. We hire the stylists that have passion and are willing to work hard. We can teach skill, but we can’t teach passion and we can’t teach hard work.
The stylists here at The Colour Bar don’t just come here to do hair. They come here because this is their career. It’s the type of career that gets people out of their comfort zone, and encourages them to go past what they thought was possible. It is because of our diverse team why we are always ready for continued growth and change.
it takes hard work to become #1. It’s even harder to stay there.
Some of the common reasons why people apply at The Colour Bar are 1) We have great Yelp reviews 2) They’ve heard great things about The Colour Bar 3) We seem like a great salon and team
While we feel honored to have a constant inflow of applicants, we want to make one thing clear: It takes hard work to accomplish the things that people admire us for. Everything we do is as a team. If you give us your best every day, we will guide you to reach a level of confidence and skill you never thought possible. You deserve to be your best and your clients deserve to get the best service when they sit on your chair.
Does this still sound like the salon for you? Great! Join The Colour Bar, and let’s thrive by providing the best service.
Full-Time / Part-Time Hairstylist
Full-Time / Part-Time Experienced Hairstylist
We have an opening for an experienced stylists that is ready to take their career to the next level. We are seeking someone who is driven and wants to learn and grow in a team based environment.
Experience & Knowledge
- Must have 1-3 salon experience as a full time stylist
- Experience with Davines products desirable but not required
- Experience with basic computer software desirable
- Desire to grow professionally in a team environment required
Skills & Abilities
- Stylist must know the correct application of color
- Ability to cut and style hair
- Ability to recommend styling products to clients
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to act as a leader as well as a team player is a must
- Self-confidence/perseverance/strong work ethic
- Goal oriented: highly motivated and resourceful to achieve results
- Ability to create professional business relationships with clients
Job Related Training Courses, Licensing, and Programs
- Stylist must have a valid California Cosmetology License
- Advanced education courses preferred but not required
- Business courses preferred but not required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hairstylist will be responsible for building and maintaining clientele
- Perform excellent customer service following The Colour Bar service methodology
- Required to promote work in salon social media
- Required to use and recommend Davines products
- Participate in salon events to attract new clientele
- Perform other related duties assigned by salon owner
Stylists will be compensated $14 to $35 per hour (not including tip), depending on performance
Candidates interested, please complete these two steps:
1) Send your resume to jobs @ thecolourbar.me OR drop off resume and portfolio in person. Please call us to arrange a drop off time, we would love to meet you! (916) 583-8785
2) Submit an online application http://bit.ly/2ry2Dh3