As a Davines exclusive salon, a common inquiry from clients is “why is Davines so expensive?” Now, there is no denying that the price point for these products is a little steep, but there are plenty of reasons to justify why! Davines was “Founded in Parma, Italy in 1983 by the Bollati Family, Davines Group started as a research laboratory, producing high-end hair care products for renowned cosmetic companies worldwide.” -Davines
Davines spent over a decade experimenting with different formulas for other companies, and eventually decided their expertise could be put towards their very own line, so they did just that. The Davines group now has Davines hair care, founded in 1992, their beloved skincare line Comfort Zone, founded in 1996, and further expanded with Skin Regimen in 2018. You can learn more about their story here, but now we can dive into 6 reasons we believe that Davines is worth splurging on.
6 Reasons Davines is Expensive
1) Davines is a Certified B Corporation. We know that not everyone is familiar with this term, but we are more than happy to explain! Straight from B Corporation, they describe qualifying businesses as “a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit. They are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. This is a community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good.”
This is important to us as a small business because we are not only retailing incredible products to our clients, but we can humbly take pride in knowing the ins-and-outs of Davines are completely ethical and sustainable. “We have rewritten our way of doing business, looking at business as a positive force capable of generating profit and at the same time creating a virtuous impact on people and the environment.” -Davines.
2) Going hand and hand with #1, Davines is as sustainable as it gets. Being environmentally conscious is important to us, and Davines allows us to seamlessly take that into consideration within our business.
To us, that hits home. We do everything we can to cultivate a comfortable environment for not only our clients, but our team as well. We firmly believe that beauty and sustainability can be the perfect combination without compromising quality.
3) Which brings us to number 3, bursting with active ingredients, it is clear that these products are quite literally, actively making a difference to your hairs’ integrity. The formulation of Davines products are never designed to just clean, rather they are formulated to make a difference and improve the health of your scalp and hair. Check out their ingredient glossary here.
The Natural Tech line is a great example of this, “whether you’re dealing with an excessively oily scalp or hormonal hair loss, the families of Naturaltech have been formulated to prevent and resolve the most common skin and hair conditions” -Davines. We strongly believe in the power of these products to mend and prevent any hair complications you may be experiencing and sincerely hope they help you love your hair.
4) One (of the many) fun facts to note about Davines products is that the ingredients within each product are sourced directly from farms in Italy—this makes each product so personal. For example, one of our best sellers, Love Smooth Shampoo, contains Minuta Olive Extract which is “harvested from the farm of Mr. Carmelo Messina in Ficarra, Messina, Italy as a part of Slow Food Presidium.” -Davines.
There is something so special about the interpersonal relationships between everyone involved in getting these wonderful products into your hands.
5) Davines wholeheartedly believes in the importance of putting good ingredients first and leaving things like sulfates and parabens behind. Many shampoos and conditioners on the market contain filler ingredients that don’t do much aside from build up and weigh your hair down over time. With formulations that favor natural ingredients, you’ll never experience that with Davines. Everything from the product itself, to the packaging, to the origin of the ingredients is natural and sustainable benefiting not only you, but the planet.
6) Lastly, we’ll keep it real simple, a little bit of product goes a long way. Referring back to number 5, Davines is free of filler ingredients that do nothing but take up space on the ingredient list. Each ingredient within their products comes together and serves a specific purpose, meaning you won’t have to use as much product. Less product? Lasts longer. So while you may have to splurge to get hair products that work, we hope it can put your mind at ease knowing you won’t have to repurchase often and we guarantee that you’ll be satisfied.
We hope that these reasons help justify why Davines appears to be so expensive. From ethics, to sustainability, to active ingredients, Davines’ ultimate goal is to serve you while helping the environment we live in. If you have any questions regarding this post, or need product recommendations, you can send us a DM on Instagram @_thecolourbar.